Monday 24 December 2012

The Pursuit of ....................

Thank goodness there are always opportunities in life to put all things into perspective and simply give thanks to God Almighty, to kneel before Him in humble adoration, to just know how very much He loves us.  I give thanks today (day 362) for such an opportunity!

One of my favourite films more recently is 'The Pursuit of Happyness.'  It is, in my humble opinion, a movie that inspires one to pursue dreams, never give and just to keep on going.  Tears well up in my eyes most readily at various points in the movie and I am in awe of a man motivated by his love for his son to pursue ........................ against all the odds.

Christopher Paul Gardner (born February 9, 1954 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin) is an American entrepreneur, investor, stockbroker, motivational speaker, author, and philanthropist who, during the early 1980s, struggled with homelessness while raising his toddler son, Christopher, Jr.  Gardner's book of memoirs, The Pursuit of Happyness, was published in May 2006


Christopher Gardner: I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old. I made up my mind that when I had children, my children were going to know who their father was.

Christopher: Hey dad, you wanna hear something funny? There was a man who was drowning, and a boat came, and the man on the boat said "Do you need help?" and the man said "God will save me". Then another boat came and he tried to help him, but he said "God will save me", then he drowned and went to Heaven. Then the man told God, "God, why didn't you save me?" and God said "I sent you two boats, you dummy!"

This is my favourite quote from the movie...........
pursuit of happiness,inspirational quotes,motivational pictures,will smith





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!