Wednesday 26 December 2012

Let us all come and adore Him......

Come and behold Him,
Born the King of Angels;
O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
Christ the Lord.
 
 

 
I don't always tune in to the Queen's Christmas Day speech, but a friend encouraged me to listen to this year's in particular and with the help of  TV replay Ayo and I listened to it this afternoon.  She was right.............. it was different......... from the start she spoke of the birth of Christ as being the significant event of that day, the day we now celebrate as Christmas Day!  Furthermore she made reference to the hymn 'In the bleak mid winter and encouraged us to give our hearts and nothing else to our Lord and Saviour!!! 
 
Christmas Day has been and gone, somewhat quicker this year, possibly because we finished school later than usual.  For many there will be a void, a post Christmas Day emptiness that can only be filled by the love of Jesus Christ, nothing else.  I am so thankful today (day 364) that because of the events of that wondrous day I am here, able to give thanks to Him.

1 comment:

  1. Our church choir sang "In the Bleak Mid-Winter" this year, and I've heard it several other times this month, too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!