Tuesday 19 June 2012

The windowsill of heaven....................

The windowsill of heaven

Every morning lean your arms awhile
upon the windowsill of heaven
and gaze upon the Lord.
Then with the vision in your heart,
turn strong to meet your day.

(Thomas Blake)


This is a beautiful morning prayer, just a few lines but yet so powerful.  It is so necessary when we wake in the morning, minds and bodies rested, ready to face the day.  It talks about having a vision in our hearts, a vision of our heavenly Father.  Once we have that picture embedded in our hearts we are then able to face the day and whatever it may present.

Not only is it imperative for me to start my day this way, I have to work hard to ensure that I am not broken / distracted by the challenges each day will undoubtedly bring.  Today for instance was a real mixed bag and there were situations that could have caused me to lose my way and become burdened, but instead just praise Him for the 'God' things each day also brings and today brought many.............................

Thank you Lord today (day 176) for my morning windowsill of heaven. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. It was the message on my Father-in-law's business card for years. He was an American Baptist pastor. I was recalling this to our own pastor today, but did not remember it perfectly, so found this.

    You are blessing us! Richard Myers

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!